Hey! So it’s my belief (and certainly doesn’t have to be yours) that for special occasions you should still look like yourself, only with the volume turned up a little. This is an example of one way I achieve that.
- I start with NYX First Base Primer Spray to create a nice canvas to work on.
- I use a Sigma e58 to apply some Beauty by Piret Eye Silk in Naked to both prime my eyes and cover up any redness or veins.
- Next I apply some Dermablend Professional Cover Creme in Natural Beige using a Sigma 3DHD Kabuki Brush.
- If there is any thing else I need to cover up, I use a Bare Escentuals Max Coverage Concealer Brush to apply some Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer in Medium Beige.
- Now on to cream highlighting and contouring. I use my Ricky Care Foundation Perfecting Brush to apply some Jouer Perfector in Tan in all the usual bronzer and contouring areas.
- I then apply some NYX HD Concealers (in Yellow under my eyes and in Light in other highlighting areas.)
- I add some color by using a Sigma f80 the add some Tata Harper Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tint in Very Charming.
- I then blend everything until my hand pretty much falls off using a damp Beauty Blender.
- To set everything I use a Real Techniques Multi Tasking Brush to add some Maybelline Masterfix by Facestudio Setting and Perfecting Loose Powder.
- To powder contour, I use and E.L.F. Cosmetics Contour Brush and NARS Paloma.
- I then warm up my complexion with a Sigma f40 and some NARS Laguna.
- To add a little color to my cheeks I add some NARS Dolce Vita with a Sigma f15.
- For a highlight that doesn’t quit, I use The Beauty Crop Lighting Crew Highlighting Cream.
- To make that even more ridiculous I use a E.L.F. Cosmetics Professional Powder Brush to top off that highlight with Milani Runway Eyes Eyeshadow in Girls Luv Pink.
Now on to the eyes.
- I start off by filling in and defining my brow with Anastasia Duo Brush #7 and Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown.
- Then as a transition shade, I use a Sigma e40 to add some Stila eyeshadow in Puppy.
- To define my crease just a tad, I use a Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush to add some Stila Eyeshadow in Coco.
- Next I grab my Estée Lauder Silky Eyeshadow Duo in Aubergine. I apply the lighter color with an E.L.F. Cosmetics Eyeshadow Brush to my brow bone and eyelids. I apply the darker color with a Real Techniques Accent Brush to my lower lash line.
- Now for the liner. I just do a typical wing, if a little more dramatic, using Styli-Style The Stylis Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black.
- I grab that Milani Runway Eyes Eyeshadow in Girls Luv Pink again and apply to as an inner corner highlight to my eyes using a Sigma e30.
- For a classic red lip, I pop on some NYX Butter Lipstick in Big Cherry.
- I set it all with Bairly Sheer Airbrush Cosmetics Spray-On Makeup Sealant.
- To finish off the look I apply one coat of L’Oreal Telescopic mascara and one coat of Wet n Wild Max Volume Plus mascara.
How do you like to rock your special occasion makeup?
This is not a sponsored post. Some of the items mentioned in the above post may have been sent to me for consideration or given to me as employee gratis. This in no way affects my opinion. As always any of the opinions stated in above post are solely my own.